The inaugural award ceremony for the prestigious Anticoagulation Achievement Awards was hosted by Andrew Gwynne MP and Outgoing Chair of the All Party Group for Thrombosis, in the Terrace Pavilion, House of Commons on Wednesday 11 October 2017.
The awards celebrated outstanding practice in the management, education and provision of anticoagulation across the UK.
Read full summary of Finalists
The awards were presented by an eminent panel of representatives from the House of Commons and House of Lords, leading healthcare leaders and innovators.
- Andrew Gwynne MP presented the 'Best Thrombosis Management Centre’ award to winners GP Care Ltd
- Sir David Amess MP presented 'Best Written Advice on Anticoagulation Therapy for Patients and Carers' award to Wessex AHSN for 'Starting Anticoagulation with Jack'
- Kavita Oberoi OBE presented 'The Centre best Able to Demonstrate Adherence to NICE Quality Standards for Atrial Fibrillation' award to West of England AHSN for their 'Don't Wait to Anticoagulate' project
- Helen Williams, Consultant Pharmacist presented 'Best Work in the Prevention of Hospital Acquired Thrombosis (HAT)' award to the Department of Surgery, Surgery & Cancer Clinical Services Centre, Portsmouth Hospital NHS Trust
- Baroness Walmsley, Vice Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Health, presented the 'Best Work in the Treatment of Cancer acquired Thrombosis (CAT)' award to Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals Trust (HEYHT) - Nurse led pathway for management of incidental pulmonary embolism/VTE in cancer patients
- Lynn Faulds Wood presented the 'Special Patient Nominated Award' to Nurse Karine Maddock